Easily customized curricula that meet each state's science scope and sequence, and addresses the practices, concepts, and core ideas outlined in A Framework for K-12 Science Education, in preparation for the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
• Differentiated instruction yields successful learning outcomes for every student at every mastery level
• Provides student-oriented and experiential learning opportunities that engage students and gives them the skills they need for success in science
• Provides summative and formative assessments to measure students' outcomes and to help students practice for required state and national science assessment tests
• Advances scientific inquiry in the classroom by transitioning students from direct inquiry to open inquiry, and increases students' readiness to engage in increasingly complex scientific reasoning
• Provides instructional strategies that support inquiry-based learning
• Integrates literacy in the science classroom
• Provides support for science educators at all levels Connecting Every Student to Science eScience is the first Web-based program aligned to state and national standards that focuses on core science acquisition while seamlessly reinforcing key literacy needs, including reading comprehension, relevant vocabulary and writing skills.
By providing content and lessons differentiated based on students' specific reading levels, eScience makes science accessible to all learners. By utilizing high-quality and highly engaging content, including videos and photos from National Geographic Learning, eScience connects deeply and viscerally with students. The result: a differentiated, online science curriculum of extraordinary impact and effectiveness.
Students take an initial Lexile/reading placement test to assess their ability to read and comprehend informational texts — and then gain access to a rich array of differentiated science lessons and enrichment activities including National Geographic rich media resources, precisely matched to their reading level
Each student receives assignments and vocabulary automatically tailored to his or her reading level while maintaining key concepts and vocabulary. Spanish language support also is available
State standards-based activities utilize the 5E Instructional Model and a proven 5 step process — Think > Read > Investigate > Review > Apply — that provides clear and compelling paths to applicable knowledge
Science educators at all levels get extensive support to plan lessons online, monitor student progress and make data-driven decisions. Workshops for teachers and administrators are part of available professional development
Through differentiation, quality content and extensive support, students and teachers get something that they and this country need - success in science.